Michigan State University, East Lansing MI
MA – Digital Rhetoric and Professional Writing
September 2020 – April 2022
Alma College, Alma MI
BA – New Media Studies, Communications
September 2018 – May 2020
Delta College, University Center
Certificate of Achievement – Technical Writing
January 2017 – June 2020
Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant
No Degree Expected – Guest Student
June 2019 – August 2019
Bay City Western High School, Auburn
September 2014 – June 2018
Online Coordinator – Michigan State University Writing Center
August 2020 – Present
- Review and implement Writing Center policies and procedures online.
- Oversee and train consultants, approve time-off requests, and perform consultant duties.
- Serve on committees, a pilot team for an asynchronous approach, lead a graduate writing group.
Technical Business Writing Intern – Interoperability Institute, LLC
January 2021 – August 2021
- Write, edit, and create technical documentation for new and existing company software
for the healthcare field.
- Assist in business transformation efforts through the creation of training documentation.
- Rewrite content to be suitable for the web and effectively communicate content to broad audiences.
Office Assistant to the Registrar – Northwood University
June 2016 – August 2020
- Sort, scan, and document student files while adhering to FERPA guidelines.
- Issue, receive, and process student diplomas and transcripts in multiple formats.
- Perform clerical and office support tasks as needed.
Technical Writing Intern – Alma College
September 2019 – December 2019
- Thoroughly evaluated and edited the Academic Catalog in terms of diction, style, and form.
- Analyzed college and university catalogs for format and clarity.
- Reviewed updated major and minor requirements, made changes accordingly, and created a unified language throughout the catalog.
Digital Marketing Intern – Mid-Michigan Children’s Museum
June 2019 – August 2019
- Filmed, edited, and shared videos and other content for promotional purposes.
- Monitored ads, social media traffic, and data to measure effectiveness.
- Engaged with audiences through outreach and grassroots media to raise awareness for the museum.
University & Community Service
WLN: A Journal of Writing Center Scholarship Special Edition
“Writing Centers and Disability Justice” – Member of Guest Editorial Team
June – December 2021
Review author submissions and accept, accept with revision, or decline proposals. Assigned full-length articles to edit.
Department of New Media Studies and Communication, Alma College – Judge
April 25, 2021
NMS Senior Show judge. Provided constructive feedback and questioned graduating seniors on their Capstone projects through the application of a postgraduate and industry perspective.
Active Minds, Alma College – Secretary
September 2018 – April 2020
Secretary to Alma College’s chapter of Active Minds, a nationwide club devoted to “stomping out the stigma” surrounding mental health.
Lectures & Presentations
Reimagining Disability Justice in Writing Centers: Practical Strategies, Inclusive Communities
International Writing Centers Association Fall 2021, Workshop
Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures 395 – Writing Center Theory
Michigan State University, Guest Lecture
Michigan State University Writing Center
- Making Time and Space for Writing
Facilitated by Sharieka Botex and Chris Fleming – September 25, 2020
- Facilitating a Meeting
Facilitated by Floyd Pouncil – October 9, 2020
- Values-Based SWOT Analysis and Reflection
Facilitated by Dr. Grace Pregent – October 23, 2020
- Giving Feedback
Facilitated by Dr. Bill Hart-Davidson – November 6, 2020
- Translating Writing Center Experiences into Job Materials
Facilitated by Rachel Robinson – November 20, 2020
- Reflections from Assessment and Asynchronous Pilot Teams
Facilitated by Said Teams – December 4, 2020
***Spoke on behalf of Asynchronous Pilot Team – Training Plan
Writing Centers and Access: A Speaker Series.
- “Ableism, Access, and Inclusion: Disability in Higher Education Before, During, and After COVID-19”
Dr. Jay Dolmage – February 4, 2021
- “Everyday Survival and Collective Action: What We Can Learn from Disabled Faculty about Access and Care”
Dr. Margaret Price – March 4, 2021
- “Radical Health: Justice, Care, and Latinx Expressive Culture”
Dr. Julie Minich – February 17, 2021
- “Signs of Disability in the Writing Center”
Dr. Stephanie Kerschbaum – March 18, 2021
- “The Time of Writing: Kairos, Chronos, and Pedagogical Consultation”
Dr. Christina Cedillo – April 8, 2021
Michigan State University Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures Graduate Student Training
Making Time and Space for Writing
Facilitated by Dr. Danielle Devoss
Non-Faculty and Alternate-Academic Jobs
Facilitated by a Panel of Faculty and Graduates – December 3, 2020
Accessible Learning Conference (ALC)
Held Virtually – Michigan State University – November 12-13, 2020
Active Minds National Conference
Washington D.C. – Active Minds – March 22-23, 2019
Barlow Trophy – Alma College
Based on Scholarship and Leadership –
Ranked in the top 10 percent of the graduating class
Nominated by College faculty and Student Congress
Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office.
Lead in both personal and work environments.
Skilled in adhering to technical writing and FERPA guidelines.
Communicate well verbally and in writing.
Experienced in website design and development.
Create written, audio, and video marketing material.
Pandemic Consultations Create Space for Accessible Practices Through Technological Affordances and Reflection – The Dangling Modifier, Spring 2021
Co-written by Emma J. Harris and Emily L. Kayden
Michigan State University
Asynchronous Pilot – Michigan State Writing Center
October 2020 – July 2021
Web and Archive Development – Sherlockian
September 2020 – April 2021
Honors & Rewards
Summa Cum Laude, Alma College 2020
President’s Cup, Alma College 2019
Dean’s List, Alma College 2018-2020
President’s List, Delta College 2017-2018
Summa Cum Laude, Bay City Western High School 2018
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Students
Michigan State University – November 10, 2020
Relationship Violence & Sexual Misconduct (RVSM) for Graduate Students
Michigan State University – September 15, 2020
HIPAA HITECH Privacy for Business Associates
Inspired eLearning, LLC. – January 28, 2021
HIPAA HITECH Security
Inspired eLearning, LLC. – January 28, 2021
Michigan State University RCR Program
CITI Program – December 18, 2020
Alma College Swim and Dive Team
Alma College Jazz Ensemble
Alma College Concert Band
Alma College Active Minds Chapter
Michigan State University Swim Club
Write the Docs
Dr. Anthony Collamati, Chair and Associate Professor of New Media Studies
Alma College, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Joanne Gilbert, Charles A. Dana Professor of Communication
Alma College, email@example.com
Dr. Marisa Hernandez, University Registrar
Northwood University, firstname.lastname@example.org